DIY Bath Salts in 5 Minutes
There are moments in life, when we need a little time to ourselves. In my case, one of the things I love most is taking a relaxing bath after a long day of work. It is a moment of peace, in which I can think and clarify my thoughts. It’s surprising how it´s also a very creative moment, because I get tons of new ideas! 😉
There are many products on the market that are specific for baths: salts, bath milk, effervescent bombs, oils… This natural cosmetic recipe I bring to you today is very easy to make, and at a very low cost. In addition, the ingredients can be found quite easily.
- 6 measurements of sea salt
- 3 measurements of Epsom salts (also known as magnesium sulfate, it can be bought in pharmacies and has very beneficial properties for the skin)
- 1 measure of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
- A few drops of essential oils, whichever fragrance you like (be careful not to use too much, as it may be irritating in large amounts)
- A few drops of some nutritious oil like Argan or sweet almond oil.
- A couple drops of food coloring (optional)
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until well incorporated. Once the bath salts are finished, it is important to store them in an airtight container, as they may be ruined by moisture. This will keep them fresh and lasting longer.
We can also put them in a glass jar with a nice wrapping and attractive labels, they will make a fantastic gift! Here you have an example of some salts that I made as a gift for my children´s teachers.
Let me know how your bath salts turn out and what your favorite fragrances are!